|THE FIRST LUMINOUS MYSTERY
|THE BAPTISM OF JESUS
|LORD, GRANT GRATITUDE FOR THE GIFT OF FAITH
1. "I am baptizing you with water for repentance but the
one who is coming after me is mightier than I."
(Mt 3:11) - Hail Mary....
2. "I am not worthy to loosen the thongs of his sandals."
(Lk 3:16) - Hail Mary....
3. "He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with
fire." (Lk 3:16) - Hail Mary....
4. The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and
said, "Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin
of the world." (Jn 1:29) - Hail Mary....
5. John said to him, "I have need to be baptized by you,
and yet you are coming to me?"
(Mt 3:14) - Hail Mary....
6. Jesus said to him, "Allow it now for thus it is fitting for
us to fulfill all righteousness."
(Mt 3:15) - Hail Mary....
7. Then he allowed it. (Mt 3:15) - Hail Mary...
8. After Jesus was baptized, he came out of the water
and, behold, the heavens were opened unto him
(Mt 3:16) - Hail Mary....
9. And he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove
coming upon him. (Mt 3:16) - Hail Mary....
10. And a voice from the heavens saying, " This is my
beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased. "
(Mt 3:17) - Hail Mary....
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the
Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is
now, and ever shall be, world without end.
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the
fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven,
especially those in most need of Thy mercy.