|THE FIRST SORROWFUL MYSTERY
|THE AGONY IN THE GARDEN
|LORD, GRANT ME CONTRITION FOR MY SINS AND
THE GRACE TO FORGIVE OTHERS
1. Then Jesus went with them to a place called
Gethsemani...and he began to experience sorrow and
distress. (Mt. 26: 36-37) - Hail Mary...
2. Then he said to them, "My heart is nearly broken with
sorrow. Remain here and stay awake with me."
(Mt. 26: 38) - Hail Mary...
3. He withdrew from them and knelt down and prayed.
(Lk. 22:41) - Hail Mary...
4. "Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me.
Still, let it be as you would have it, not as I."
(Mt. 26:39) - Hail Mary...
5. When he returned to his disciples, he found them
asleep. He said to Peter, "So you could not stay awake
with me for even an hour? Be on guard and pray that
you may not undergo the test. The spirit is willing, but
nature is weak." (Mt. 26: 40-42) - Hail Mary...
6. In his anguish, he prayed more earnestly. An angel
appeared to him, coming from Heaven to give him
strength. (Lk. 22: 44,43) - Hail Mary...
7. "The hour is on us when the Son of Man is to be
handed over to the power of evil men."
(Mt. 26:45) - Hail Mary...
8. While he was still speaking, Judas, one of the twelve,
arrived accompanied by a great crowd with swords and
clubs. (Mt. 26: 47) - Hail Mary...
9. He immediately went over to Jesus, said to him,
"Peace, Rabbi," and embraced him.
(Mt. 26: 49) - Hail Mary...
10. Jesus answered, "Friend, do what you are here for."
At that moment they stepped forward to lay hand on
Jesus and arrest Him. (Mt. 26: 50) - Hail Mary...
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the
Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is
now, and ever shall be, world without end.
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the
fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven,
especially those in most need of Thy mercy.