|THE SECOND SORROWFUL MYSTERY
|THE SCOURGING AT THE PILLAR
|LORD, GRANT ME THE GRACE TO MORTIFY
1. As soon as it was daybreak, the chief priests, with the
elders and scribes, reached a decision. They bound
Jesus, led him away, and handed him over to Pilate.
Pilate interrogated him: "Are you the king of the Jews?"
(Mk. 15: 1-2) - Hail Mary...
2. Jesus answered, "My Kingdom does not belong to this
world"...At this, Pilate said to him, "So then you are a
king?" Jesus replied, "It is you who say I am a king. The
reason I was born, the reason why I came into the world
is to testify to the truth. Anyone committed to the truth,
hears my voice." (Jn. 18:36-37) - Hail Mary...
3. This much only will I say, "From now on, the Son of
Man will have his seat at the right hand of the Power of
God." (Lk. 22: 69) - Hail Mary...
4. "So you are the Son of God?" they asked in chorus.
He answered, "It is you who say that I am."
(Lk. 22: 70) - Hail Mary...
5. Pilate's next move was to take Jesus and have him
scourged. (Jn. 19:1) - Hail Mary...
6. Despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows.
(Is. 53: 3) - Hail Mary...
7. And yet, ours were the sufferings he bore.
(Is. 53: 4) - Hail Mary...
8. He was pierced through for our faults, crushed for
our sins. (Is. 53: 5) - Hail Mary...
9. They blindfolded him, slapped him and then taunted
him. (Lk. 23: 64) - Hail Mary...
10. And after he had Jesus scourged, Pilate handed him
over to be crucified. (Mk. 15: 15) - Hail Mary...
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the
Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is
now, and ever shall be, world without end.
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the
fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven,
especially those in most need of Thy mercy.